Course Fees and Refunds Policy
Fees and charges may vary for each program and client, dependent on individual needs and customised service.
Nothing in the Efficiency Works’ refund and transfer of credit processes negates your right as a student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws in the case of any financial disputes.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Whilst every endeavour will be made to conduct all advertised courses, Efficiency Works Pty Ltd reserves the right to change or cancel timetables, class locations, course offerings, trainers and other such details or circumstances beyond our control that affect enrolments. Every effort will be made to work in with student requirements and advise students of any changes. Students receive a refund if Efficiency Works Pty Ltd is unable to provide the offered course. You must notify either their trainer or a Manager of Efficiency Works Pty Ltd in writing to formally withdraw from units or programs, noting the following:
- All outstanding fees/invoices are due and payable immediately.
- The onus is on the student/client to notify in writing of withdrawals and requests for refunds.
- The cost of workbooks issued or learning resources handed out in class will not be refunded.
- In cases when the student withdrawing is a staff member of a client with whom Efficiency Works Pty Ltd has a contracted training agreement, the staff member may be substituted for another providing classes have not commenced and/or by negotiation with a Manager of Efficiency Works Pty Ltd.
- Tuition fees to be refunded within 28 working days if:
- The course does not start on the agreed starting date
- The course stops being provided after it starts but before it’s completed.
- The course is not provided fully to you because the RTO has a sanction imposed on it by a government regulator.
The following table outlines reasons why a refund may be requested and the amount of course fees that are refunded to you by Efficiency Works.
- Withdrawal at least 1 week prior to the agreed start date 75% refund
- Withdrawal at 1-6 days prior to agreed start date 50% refund
- Withdrawal on the agreed start date No refund
- Withdrawal after the agreed start date No refund
- Course withdrawn by Efficiency Works Full refund
- Efficiency Works is unable to provide the offered course Full refund
In making a contract to enrol in a course at Efficiency Works, you acknowledge and agree:
- That the information you provided in your enrolment is complete and correct.
- To be bound by Efficiency Works’ rules and regulations and any amendments made to the rules and regulations.
- To pay all fees required on or before the due date as notified in writing by Efficiency Works or as per the invoice. Efficiency Works will access these fees in accordance with the procedures established by the State Government and the Australian Government.
- That Efficiency Works reserves the right to accept or reject any application for enrolment at its discretion.
- That Efficiency Works reserves the right to cancel any course prior to the commencement date of the course should it be deemed necessary and in that event, shall refund payments received.
- Efficiency Works reserves the right to withhold granting the Award attained by you if your fees remain outstanding.
- Any information that you give to Efficiency Works or that Efficiency Works collects about you can be given to authorised State and Commonwealth Agencies
- Efficiency Works reserves the right to change, alter or amend curricula, syllabi, course structure, and any other matter pertaining to the provision of a course at any time. Such changes, alterations and amendments may be made without notice. [If Efficiency Works has to change any of these conditions for any reason, you will be notified of the change.]
- Refunds will only be paid to the person/entity that enters into the contract with Efficiency Works unless Efficiency Works receives written direction to pay the refund to somebody else.
- Requests for refunds should be made in writing and addressed to the Directors of Efficiency Works.
- This agreement and the availability of the complaints and appeals procedure do not remove your rights to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
Financial and Administrative Practices
Efficiency Works guarantees the sound financial position of the business.
Your records are managed to ensure confidentiality and security. Student records are stored and archived in accordance with the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and retained records are retrievable for perusal by you or regulatory authorities if requested.